Monash AniManga Otaku Unity (MAOU)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» GAMEX Hatten Melacca 2011
by fallen seraphine Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:58 am

» Sharing-Sharing Suggestion
by art248 Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:41 am

» Bento Workshop!
by ~Kaichou~ Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:49 pm

» Taylor's Asaban Fest 2010
by art248 Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:46 pm

» Congratulations to the new MAOU Committees of 2010/2011
by ~Kaichou~ Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:48 pm

» [Solved]"Upgrade to Pro" annoyance
by laughhe Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:23 am

» Connect with Facebook now!
by ~Kaichou~ Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:26 pm

» Informal Ice Breaking Session
by ~Kaichou~ Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:09 pm

» The MAGe Festa 2010
by art248 Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:11 am

» Survey for Sem1-2010
by Siapa Mon May 31, 2010 4:54 pm

» MAOU Cosplay Cafe [FINAL UPDATE]
by Siapa Wed May 12, 2010 9:50 pm

» [Photo]MAOU Weekly activities 2010 (week 6)
by Siapa Wed May 12, 2010 9:26 pm

» [MAOU] Cosplay Cafe
by ~Kaichou~ Sun May 09, 2010 12:11 am

» [Photo]MAOU Weekly activities 2010 (week 5)
by Siapa Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:37 am

» [Suggestion] After Exam Trip
by art248 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:57 am

» Monash Extreme Sports Carnival
by art248 Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:51 pm

» Feedback about Committee
by EmikoKidd-Sama Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:42 pm

» Weekly Activities!!
by ~Kaichou~ Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:18 pm

» [Change of Venue]Japanese Class
by ~Kaichou~ Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:43 pm

» Easter Break~ Outings Suggestion
by EmikoKidd-Sama Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:22 am

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Monash AniManga Otaku Unity(MAOU) on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Monash AniManga Otaku Unity (MAOU) on your social bookmarking website

Statistics
We have 174 registered users
The newest registered user is wadlegeor

Our users have posted a total of 19173 messages in 838 subjects
Tracker
Locations of visitors to this page

Special Anonymous Feedback Thread

+6
Aki
xunli
lolazue
Usagi Yojimbo
laughhe
~Kaichou~
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Special Anonymous Feedback Thread - Page 3 Empty Special Anonymous Feedback Thread

Post by ~Kaichou~ Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

this thread is specially designed for members/non members to keep anonymously while giving feedback!
no need login!(but u need a random name)

this intent is for you, to give out your feedbacks and comments, so that we can track back what we are lacking. The anonymous intent is for non members who want to give feedbacks and comments...

this forum is moderated.

Last edited by ~Kaichou~ on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
~Kaichou~
~Kaichou~
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2313
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://maou.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Special Anonymous Feedback Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Special Anonymous Feedback Thread

Post by Gin Sama` Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:16 pm

wooooooooooooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!
<3 exams
Gin Sama`
Gin Sama`
Senior Otaku
Senior Otaku

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Special Anonymous Feedback Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Special Anonymous Feedback Thread

Post by Guest Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:45 pm

Sorry to burst your bubbles, Anon, but if you are truly THAT mature and knowledgeable, you will not represent your opinions in such a way that they are turning into personal assault, which could help nothing in our club's improvement progress. Picking and stepping on other people don't make you look smart or even better than anyone here. Your intention being here(or at least this is how you have obviously represented it to us) is to pick a fight. If you think are hiding under the anon identity give you the freedom to do and talk anything freely without constriction or facing its consequences, you are plain childish. It doesn't make you a better person if you are talking to other people with such attitude regardless of how knowledgeable you might be. 

Oh, and no offense here also lol, because facts hurts sometimes even though it doesn't mean to hurt anybody. Feel free to deny it, but there is one thing for sure: you are not intended to help here, you are just trying to pick out our clubs(as well as our posts) mistakes and step on them, and also attempting personal assault to the each of us while killing your very precious time.

K, sorry can't help it. I hope this drama is over by now. Can someone just ban his/her ip or something? Because it is very obvious that he/she is trolling here.

And my response:
1. Cosplaying events.
2. I like something to do with...drawing? or just something involves material that can be easily found in our place and most importantly, low cost.
3. I didn't join...sorry.
4. Email, I don't like direct contact with phone because sometimes I busy with other things.
5. Used to play trumpet...but now I forgot everything...
6. I'm fine with acting...

Back to top Go down

Post by lolazue Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:25 pm

do i have to answer all d questions? =p

anyway,
1. stepmania n karaoke =D
2. hmm... manga drawing/editing? or perhaps scanlation group? =D jk jk. everyone's too busy to do scanlation work =p
3. anime-zing race is good, just need better preperations
4. unless you can find d website which allows you to send sms-es for free (which was available at one time, but i don't remember the website now ><), sms-es are better. if not just go with e-mail
5. does traditional flute and trumpet count? =D is voice an instrument as well? xD
6. i don't like acting ><

oh right, on an additional note:
just on a friendly note, have anyone ever heard of the chess club? they started the same time as we did, had around 40 members when they started (if i didn't remember wrongly ><) and they went missing a couple of weeks later =D poof! just like that xD and my friend was looking forward to it too. poor her =(

also, for 2 sems, we had lousy PRs, which didn't help us in any way to get sponsors (since i was the last treasurer), it was very very difficult to get funds for events and claim from musa at that time T_T my mum actually had to sponsor quite a lot of money (so did i) almost RM200++ came out of our pockets ='(
lolazue
lolazue
Senior Otaku
Senior Otaku

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by laughhe Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:46 pm

1. What activities would you like to have?
2. What workshops would you like to have?
3. Do you like the anime-zing race? Why, and Why not?
4. Do you prefer contacted via email or phone?
5. Do you play any musical instruments?
6. Do you like acting?

1. Try our hands on subbing anime episode(s) since nobody suggests this before, plus activities that have been mentioned before this. XD

2. Drawing and osplay workshops. Any workshops other than these two that are related to our club's objective?

3. Kinda frustating to know that people can simply skip clues and still able to win. It needs more careful preparation and the participants need to at least get their hands dirty or/and get embarrassed when doing a certain activity.
(Record the participants' activity while doing this event just like a real Reality TV show) XD

4. Phone/SMS are better to invest if we know that particular members will come for event(s) but regular email are fine too.

5. Piano (still learning) and I do have an experience playing percussion instrument when I'm little. Special Anonymous Feedback Thread - Page 3 Icon_redface

6. Acting? I want to try acting for once.

Last edited by laughhe on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
laughhe
laughhe
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 920
Registration date : 2008-07-30

http://ramdeli.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kaichou~ Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:47 pm

It seems karaoke is a bomb
for the club. If I had time, I would synchronize the songs though. And,
I lost all my songs, except the ones I got from lolazue.

I also fished out like....400 bucks?? especially materials and some dancing pad, which actually I didnt even use it? lol

Sacrifices
sure got wan la, but I really respect lolazue la, cos many things like
cakes and some other stuff, her mom sponsored them.... make
me so paiseh..

1. What activities would you like to have?
2. What workshops would you like to have?
3. Do you like the anime-zing race? Why, and Why not?
4. Do you prefer contacted via email or phone?
5. Do you play any musical instruments?
6. Do you like acting?

Well....there are more:

7. Is it good if the club can rent/rent out cosplay costumes during the CnS Week or any cosplay events?
8. If we charge RM 10 a year, would it be better than RM 5 per semester?
9. If there is a fundraising event, will you support us? And what items should we fundraise?
10. If we publish comic bi-weekly in forms of fliers, will it attract more awareness about our existence?
11. If we sell artbook collection as part of fundraising, will you support us by buying it and tell it to your friends?
~Kaichou~
~Kaichou~
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:07 am

oi kaichou, there's already another thread to address this. You should've posted the questions there instead of here

You deserve a pimpslap for this, but as long as the topic doesn't stray off, leave this thread as it is. Though i should point out the fact that the other thread was ignored, it allows people (such as anon) to perceive that we're not really doing anything to identify or address issues. What happens once you abandon this thread and eventually make another new thread? Those who hardly frequent the forums or are new would only notice the new thread and assume not much has been done.

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kaichou~ Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:37 am

Yeah, it is meant for anonymous peeps to give feedbacks on this.
~Kaichou~
~Kaichou~
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Special Anonymous Feedback Thread - Page 3 Empty anon is back!

Post by anon Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:47 am

@Usagi Yojimbo: what you said regarding me estimating the club funds was totally unrelated towards what i asked for :S as i said, i'm active enough to figure out what's going in the club. it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

@Legna: have you been in any of the maou events this semester? i don't recall seeing you in any of the events and here we talk about trying to get active members. while the committee members are claiming that they're trying to get more active members, they even have a black sheep within the group. now that i just find it really sad. i don't think it's right for you to comment about me when you yourself have not done the bare minimum.

@getsu12: no such link was mentioned here

@~Kaichou~: if possible i'd like to hear what others voiced out against me. if required, please moderate their post, however i would appreciate it if the message (if any) was preserved. yes i'm serious.

@committee:
1) how about being more transparent in meetings that already took place? mind if i get the relevant parties to post up all meeting minutes for semester 2, 2009? maybe we all can then see what seems to be the problem and work it out together. i mean Aki said that this is a club right, where everyone help each other? so let's just do that and
take full notice of what happens during meetings, shall we? :-)

2) Legna did bring up a good point though, she said: "...how you can't expect a baby to run before it learned to walk." now how many of you have experience in organising big events? how many events which we have organised which are open to public (open to non-members as well @ monash) can be classified as very successful? to my understanding maid cafe wasn't really a big hit, never heard about white-day maybe due to lack of publicity, and neither was anime & manga week. but wait, now i understand theres a plan to organise a HUGE event which involves
taylors and sunway college. (Hmmm) interesting idea you got there. IMO unless members of anime/manga club in sunway or taylors college actually takes over most of the organising and planning, god save maou.

3) lack of completeness. how is it that this semester's anime-zing race winners did not have to go through all of the
designated routes and still considered as winners? why did we have to go through all of the "puzzles"? (which were quite difficult i might say) where is the fairness in that?

4) related to #2. out of events? what do otakus do every weekend? read manga? watch anime? play games? i'm sure the list isn't fixed only to these, however only the above have somewhat relation to the club. why not do something related to these? and if one doesn't get much good feedback, move to the next. if you want you could refine why there wasn't good feedback in the first place though this have to work in parallel with locating a new event.

5) junk in forum. why are forum members AND committee members putting in garbage in almost *ALL* new topics created? the main topic eventually gets brushed off and in the end it doesn't answer/relate to the main topic at all. WTH is "the nigger zone"? are you trying to promote racism in monash? what would you think might happen if this gets highlighted to monash or musa? if you wanna create junk, do so in the appropriate threads with the appropriate approval. coincidently, forum moderators only starts "working" once someone starts a flaming thread, eh? perhaps i should get one of my buddies from the it club to write a script that starts random flames in all topics so they all get moderated evenly.

guess i'll stop here for today, looking forward to your replies later (if any) :-)

anon

Back to top Go down

Post by Usagi Yojimbo Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:07 am

you know what I'm just fed up of answering the same answer over and over again and let me correct you mr.anon. You did not ask for the amount of available but you STATED the amount you think the club have. So I'll say again, don't estimate.

I will be long gone from this tread so do enjoy this video in my absence. And this video I specially contribute to mr.anon as any further inquiries mr.anon may have... please refer to video for instructions on how to get your answer

Gugure Kasu by Megurine Luka and Gackpoid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMvzvdNDLGQ
Usagi Yojimbo
Usagi Yojimbo
HyperManiac Otaku
HyperManiac Otaku

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kaichou~ Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:15 am

1. That is what I have mentioned before-transparency. However, we will try to sort out that out through weekly meetings next time. I need to discuss with the other committees first before taking any action. Please be patient about this. check the thread future of this club mentioned after my post, it is what we have discussed actually

2.Maid cafe wasnt a big hit because of the admin. We have limited restrictions like no revealing dress, knee length dress. Also, our location was not strategic enough due to the fact that we were pushed behind the bookstore. We were also at a dilemma because, our ideal place was being taken at that place, also, we have less time to plan(like 3 weeks?) We were actually trying to push ourselves to become an official club(which only happens starting of this semester) because being a probation club at that time HAVE many restrictions and they, the MUSA, didnt tell us about it.
It is just an idea about the planning thingy, however, talk is easy. I personally contacted them, and they agreed with it, the sad news is, Where and when? It is not easy to make a big event and you cant compared us with Sunway, because, they have many contacts(because many are their friends anyway), flexible timetable and more active members.

3. It is our fault. Because we didnt tell that you all need to follow the numbers accordingly. So, as to repay the debt of our fault, we had to. Sorry for the inconsistence of our rules set. We have lack of committee to help out as the race is extremely long to set?

4. We are indeed out of events, and that is why we are trying to diversify our objective into more J-culture, not just manga and anime.
However, you can see, comparing our sister club in Sunway, they also dont have much events too. Compared to Clayton, we have the same amount of events. =)

5. Well, read the content carefully and evaluate it again.

Last edited by ~Kaichou~ on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
~Kaichou~
~Kaichou~
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:27 am

Kaichou wrote:
Yeah, it is meant for anonymous peeps to give feedbacks on this.

anon wrote:
@getsu12: no such link was mentioned here

Special Anonymous Feedback Thread - Page 3 Rage5

I give up on the both of you, Kaichou's always been a blur, and you, despite claiming that you're aware of what goes on in this club and this forum, can't, even, notice, this http://maou.heavenforum.org/suggestions-f2/the-future-of-this-club-t685.htm

do you really have to be spoonfed? DO YOU? should i make 10 big bloody pop-ups just to point at the thread?

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:39 am

At least Legna is not a sleeping member and is actually on standby when she's needed on a club assignment.

@getsu: no bashing other members please, although I "get" your real intention Smile We really don't need more open disrespect for the committee, which results in members not taking the club seriously. As a committee member, bring it up to Kaichou in private or in the committee feedback thread.

+ Meeting minutes
Since this is my department, I'll answer anon on this. The club decided not to hold too many meetings in semester 2, as most general meetings during previous semesters proved redundant, with Kaichou doing most of the talking and everyone else seeming very reluctant to speak, and everyone's time got wasted. Hence, there was an annual general meeting and an elections meeting for this semester.

For the annual general meeting minutes, if you're really that interested, it can be disclosed with Kaichou's permission.

I do not feel that it is appropriate at this stage to disclose the minutes of the committee meetings.

+ Big event
Anon, if you really don't want people 2nd guessing you, please have the decency not to sound like a know-it-all of the club's affairs as it really raises some questions about your identity.

Firstly, i don't know where you get your sources from but it is clearly not up-to-date/accurate. The big event is not confirmed. In fact, at last count, the plan has been put towards the back of the club's priorities. The purpose of joining forces with other clubs is to combine manpower and experience, since the club is sorely lacking in manpower. With a bigger event, we would be able to source more funds than a small-scale event as sponsors are mostly interested in events with a large participation rate, solving the budgeting problems of the club's previous events.

However, as mentioned, plans for a big event in the near future ranks low among our priorities. Hence, this is the reason why no official announcement has been made with regards to any major events that we may plan to hold next year.

We sincerely feel that it'll really be 'god help maou' if we were to have another mid-small scale event planned and organized solely with the limited resources available to maou.

+White Day
White Day was the theme of our booth during Sem 1's CnS week. Obviously, you were not there to help out when the club needed manpower.

+ Events
Members already watch anime, read manga, and play games on normal weekdays during lunch gathering. If memory serves me right, you labelled the gatherings as akin to loitering.

The karaoke/gaming party was also an event with a gaming aspect to it, held on a weekend. No one seems to want to tell us why 3/4 of the members don't bother to show up for any events. Maybe you could enlighten us since you belong in that category?

+Forum
Ahem, while I admit the forum is far from perfect... maybe instead of noticing all the flawed aspects and being on high junk alert, you could instead notice the useful threads in this club forum which might answer some questions you have regarding the club.

*cough likegetsu'sthread cough*
Aki
Aki
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:44 am

Aki wrote:
@getsu: no bashing other members please, although I "get" your real intention Smile We really don't need more open disrespect for the committee, which results in members not taking the club seriously. As a committee member, bring it up to Kaichou in private or in the committee feedback thread.

I do not see it as derogatory however others may view it, most likely due to the time i've spent in other online communities (not facepalm). If the leader or committee has flaws, we point it out as a sign that we're aware of these flaws, and obviously the fact that we point it out is an action to correct these flaws. Though the fact that I can't call him a blur is a bit redundant when in every other thread there's a joke or two about him

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:55 am

getsu12 wrote:
I do not see it as derogatory however others may view it, most likely due to the time i've spent in other online communities (not facepalm). If the leader or committee has flaws, we point it out as a sign that we're aware of these flaws, and obviously the fact that we point it out is an action to correct these flaws. Though the fact that I can't call him a blur is a bit redundant when in every other thread there's a joke or two about him

That's why I said I get what you mean Smile

Consider though that we have anonymous people frequenting this thread, who have the time to pick through every detail mentioned here. It's like a big, red open invitation to pick on a new issue >.<
Aki
Aki
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:11 am

i feel it's time i bring us all back to the real world.

An anime/manga club, unfortunate to say, is only about meeting up with people of the same interest and interacting. That's pretty much it, and visit anime conventions or maybe draw a doujin of their own. YES, that is all there is to it. (watch an anime or read a manga about an anime/manga club, like say, "Genshiken") So you're clearly expecting something else when you come to this club, we understand, and that is why we're also considering covering even more areas of interest that relates to the East-Asian region or that of the nerd culture. We are also planning weekly events and such to relate to these interests.

Now, as for major events, sponsors come in and help with the budget. One main reason why we can't pull off a little con within the campus because it isn't proper. We don't have a multi-purpose hall, nor do we actually have an area for a stage to be set. Booking an auditorium or plenary theatre will not be easy either, mind you, and also is not a proper venue to use. It is why we're considering a collaboration with other anime clubs, but this is not at the top of our list for many reasons.

And let me remind you, in Japan, THE OTAKU CULTURE IS A CULTURE THAT IS LOOKED DOWN UPON. Consider otakus outside Japan lucky that they're not discriminated as such, but the fear for some is there. So even if we were to get the word out to the whole university, how many will show up? I'm being pessimistic here, but the fact is, such things are of no interest to most, and for those who are interested, there are half of them who'd rather not be seen in the open with such things (or are not really enthusiasts and do not care, or for whatever other reason). The fact that you expect our club to rake in a massive cult like some of the other clubs is actually unreasonable, so i suggest you lower those expectations and come back to earth. I do however agree that we have a problem with the number of active members, and that something should be done about it.

Now I'm not providing excuses, but facts for what the situation really is. If you bother to check the other thread, and if you bother to read what the others have posted, you can see that we are trying to change the current predicament NOW, and that we're also trying to break out of the mold of being a typical anime/manga club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Usagi Yojimbo Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:22 am

Special Anonymous Feedback Thread - Page 3 Bullshit-in-a-bag-bullshit-in-a-bag
Usagi Yojimbo
Usagi Yojimbo
HyperManiac Otaku
HyperManiac Otaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinius Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:58 am

To anon.

Just do your revision for your papers.
Sinius
Sinius
Senior Otaku
Senior Otaku

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:26 pm

To our most beloved Anon here,
Spoiler:

We really don't have the time for everything especially when we have exam to deal with. No point getting our heads spinning around because of a coward who never have the courage to show its real face. Can't we just disable the anonymous forum (to cool some things down) and turn it on again once the exam is over?

Back to top Go down

Post by xunli Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:54 pm

anon: I do appreciate your hard work to tell us what we lack off. I don't mind being comment or criticizes by you actually. You may make any complaints about me in a good way or a bad way, I will take it as a feedback. I hope I can heard more from you. Have a nice day =)

off topic: hmm.... Interesting, didn't know 1st year 1st sem comp sci student don't have any time ad.. =/
xunli
xunli
Order of Black Knight
Order of Black Knight

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2008-07-31

http://xunlisanctuary.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:40 pm

I mainly have transportation problem...I still have to rely on my parents and follow their schedule when it comes to that. And because I'm not a very clever person I have the tendency to take more time in doing certain things. You think I can CHOOSE not to have any time, eh? D:

Back to top Go down

Post by anon Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:59 am

Spoiler:
read at your own risk
by Kaichou\

anon

Back to top Go down

Post by Usagi Yojimbo Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:23 am

I'm sick of your offensive language

I'm posting because mr.anon said mr.anon had the balls to stand up to MUSA and get a room but now mr.anon is saying he can't do nothing about it?

And that pic was to indicate where this tread is to be inserted, so why must you continue flaming me like this? Did I say that I want you inside that bag?

It's not your capabilities to negotiate with MUSA? Are you trying to contradict yourself again? Oh my bad as you only indicated that you no member of this club could negotiate with MUSA which also includes MR.anon
Usagi Yojimbo
Usagi Yojimbo
HyperManiac Otaku
HyperManiac Otaku

Back to top Go down

Post by member01 Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:33 am

Mr anon,

Firstly, Monashians have high ignorance in joining any clubs. I wonder, do you know all the clubs? I can tell, You Don't. Neither do I.
And talking is easy.
Do you know they face a lot of problems just to make AN event? You don't. Do you know how many participated in any events in monash, except the ball? You don't.

Secondly, I start to think your feedbacks are repeatitive.

Thirdly, committees cannot simply disclose the meeting minutes. No club does. Unless you attended it, then they can disclose to you personally.

DO NOT INSULT US as member of this community. We existed. People ignored. It Doesnt mean we need to care 4000++ students to know we existed. Comparatively, many do not know me. It Doesnt mean i don't exist. Just people ignore us.

Oh, by the way, I can tell you, most engineering in my batch knew our club. that is 200++ students already.

Do you know, your feedback isnt a feedback. You are just beating around the bush. Trampling our soul because of your ignorance.

Oh by the way, I am just a regular member, mind you.

member01

Back to top Go down

Post by Usagi Yojimbo Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:35 am

Somehow this tread is becoming the next 4ch tread so please moderate

There is a big difference in trying to express one's idea and trying to find problem with others. Just because you are an anonymous, it doesn't mean you can just flame for the sake of flaming.

Secondly, don't call me by that name. Only close friends and relatives can call me that. An obviously I don't even know you unless you ARE indeed a close friend of mine just taking advantage of this to just screw me.

MR.anon you claim that none of us are capable of even holding an event and the event I planned is coming out next. I would now like mr.anon to personally come see me to discuss the matter as I feel that mr.anon is a senior and/or is very much smarter than me and that I the useless will only cause this even to fail. If Mr.anon doesn't agree with the negotiation, please take back your words that only you, the only member in our club, have the ability or the balls to negotiate with MUSA and successfully get the approval from them. Mr.anon MUST talk about this event matter face to face with me as from what I've read negotiation with mr.anon is going no where. If you do not agree then this also proves that Mr.anon is just stating lies and thus coming to the conclusion that Mr.anon only spams

And I don't accept the condition that you finally, I can't participate in the event that I proposed to hold after the exams are over?

Last edited by Usagi Yojimbo on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Usagi Yojimbo
Usagi Yojimbo
HyperManiac Otaku
HyperManiac Otaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:40 am

There is a reason why committee meetings are called committee meetings, so no, the full details of what is discussed during these meetings cannot be circulated while the current committee is still ongoing.

One very valid reason for this is speculation. Already we did not release the minutes of committee meetings and there's speculation that we're holding a big event, when the committee itself isn't sure if the club should have one.

It might be exciting to think that we are out to cheat all members, but no conspiring goes on during committee meetings. Neither do committee members conspire to oust other committee members. This isn't politics. Yes, we're boring and goody-goody that way. Any secrets that we have to hide about committee meetings are centered around not yet confirmed ideas contributed by committee members. Neither do we go to starbucks for committee meetings and spend the membership fees on lattes for ourselves.

Why our resources are unused:

It's because there are members like you who are eager to criticize but slow to help out. An event is not dull when you're part of the organizing team, because you're spending your time helping out.

Why our resources are limited:

: No proper hall. No, exam hall is not a viable option. Feel free to ask why. it'll probably take another post to explain.
: Events held on a Saturday have to end by early afternoon, or else we risk incurring extra costs like paying overtime salaries to staff. The same applies to Sunday.
: We don't have enough funds to hold an event just by collecting members' fees. It's also about sponsorship.
: If I were an ordinary Monash student myself, not involved in the club, no matter how much I love anime/manga/Japanese culture... no, I would not set aside time for an event on a weekday (and maybe weekend) when I have piles of work to complete... which is most weeks of the semester
: Having an event on weekdays, we also risk the wrath of lecturers, students and admin.

Can you please stop assuming we are only taking action now? It just shows arrogance. As stated in earlier post, the last few weeks of semester 2 were aimed at planning for the year ahead. Thus, a general halt to most activities as well. Also, we plan to use the holidays to reinforce the planning and organization of events during the holidays as well as for 2010.

Diplomacy, openness, and patience can only stretch this far. Coming from a generally very patient yet straightforward person who thinks mostly nice thoughts of everyone, congratulations on being one of the very few people to receive the blunt end of my honesty.

Perhaps Xunli or Kaichou or Getsu would be nice enough to provide feedback to your feedback from now on.

On a last note, before more anonymous people accuse us of being lazy in moderating and unfair to our own "cronies" (just thinking ahead ya, rest assured we don't practice cronyism), both registered and non registered members of this forum alike.... kindly refrain from flaming each other/ anonymous people. The reason that he/she/them is or are flaming you/us is not a valid reason and will not be accepted.
Aki
Aki
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next