Monash AniManga Otaku Unity (MAOU)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» GAMEX Hatten Melacca 2011
by fallen seraphine Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:58 am

» Sharing-Sharing Suggestion
by art248 Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:41 am

» Bento Workshop!
by ~Kaichou~ Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:49 pm

» Taylor's Asaban Fest 2010
by art248 Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:46 pm

» Congratulations to the new MAOU Committees of 2010/2011
by ~Kaichou~ Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:48 pm

» [Solved]"Upgrade to Pro" annoyance
by laughhe Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:23 am

» Connect with Facebook now!
by ~Kaichou~ Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:26 pm

» Informal Ice Breaking Session
by ~Kaichou~ Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:09 pm

» The MAGe Festa 2010
by art248 Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:11 am

» Survey for Sem1-2010
by Siapa Mon May 31, 2010 4:54 pm

» MAOU Cosplay Cafe [FINAL UPDATE]
by Siapa Wed May 12, 2010 9:50 pm

» [Photo]MAOU Weekly activities 2010 (week 6)
by Siapa Wed May 12, 2010 9:26 pm

» [MAOU] Cosplay Cafe
by ~Kaichou~ Sun May 09, 2010 12:11 am

» [Photo]MAOU Weekly activities 2010 (week 5)
by Siapa Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:37 am

» [Suggestion] After Exam Trip
by art248 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:57 am

» Monash Extreme Sports Carnival
by art248 Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:51 pm

» Feedback about Committee
by EmikoKidd-Sama Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:42 pm

» Weekly Activities!!
by ~Kaichou~ Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:18 pm

» [Change of Venue]Japanese Class
by ~Kaichou~ Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:43 pm

» Easter Break~ Outings Suggestion
by EmikoKidd-Sama Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:22 am

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Monash AniManga Otaku Unity(MAOU) on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Monash AniManga Otaku Unity (MAOU) on your social bookmarking website

Statistics
We have 174 registered users
The newest registered user is wadlegeor

Our users have posted a total of 19173 messages in 838 subjects
Tracker
Locations of visitors to this page

Special Anonymous Feedback Thread

+6
Aki
xunli
lolazue
Usagi Yojimbo
laughhe
~Kaichou~
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Special Anonymous Feedback Thread - Page 4 Empty Special Anonymous Feedback Thread

Post by ~Kaichou~ Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

this thread is specially designed for members/non members to keep anonymously while giving feedback!
no need login!(but u need a random name)

this intent is for you, to give out your feedbacks and comments, so that we can track back what we are lacking. The anonymous intent is for non members who want to give feedbacks and comments...

this forum is moderated.

Last edited by ~Kaichou~ on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
~Kaichou~
~Kaichou~
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2313
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://maou.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Special Anonymous Feedback Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Special Anonymous Feedback Thread

Post by anon Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:17 am

ok fine, let's be diplomatic. no more i hate you, you hate me. no more beating around the bush. let's go for a different approach as we're not getting to any sort of conclusion.

firstly i sincerely apologize for all of the intentional and unintentional flamings and causing this unintended fiesta ramblings of mine and causing most of you unnecessary hate/kill/sad/emo/etc. feelings (not that i'm expecting any, but just incase). exam week has started and i should know better than to start something like this at this crucial moment/month. most of you are angry, and you have the right to be, so if you got any mails where you would like to vent out your frustration on me, you may contact me at john[dot]davees[at]gmail[dot]com. I will personally reply all emails which is sent to that email address.

secondly, please ignore ALL of my previous statements. i will start again in a much more polite manner detailing my intention to my post, if allowed to do so. i know this may seem difficult since i've already single-handedly created quite a stir and touched on quite a few, if not many, sensitive subjects. however i do hope we can start afresh forgiving and forgetting. i know i am asking quite a lot here, but in return i will try my best to help out in giving suggestions and helping whenever i can while keeping my mind on a leash.

can we conclude on this?

regards
John

anon

Back to top Go down

Special Anonymous Feedback Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Special Anonymous Feedback Thread

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:50 am

it's good you're coming in low, but one last post from me before we let this die and start anew.

I DO expect you to sift through the junk. It's what other members of other forum communities do, and the only forum I've noticed where people expect to find their topics at the top of the list are the people from LOWYAT (which makes me wonder, are malaysians that lazy?). It's not all that hard to do actually, just keep your eyes peeled, and always use the search function.

And yes, I should have done something when I was elected, but the fact is, I wasn't really interested then (I'm not an actual otaku in fact, I may watch anime and read manga, but that's just about it). And again to reiterate, we're not implementing the changes now, but next semester. Want to talk about the stuff i posted being general? Same goes for your stuff. What peeves some of us is that the issues that you've identified are something that we're currently working on, and that you add fuel to the flame by accusing us of doing nothing. How would you feel if somebody came up to you (while you're really irritable) and told you in your face (and repeatedly) that you were not studying and all and louching around when you just spent the whole day studying without a break? Not too good i'd imagine

It's more than enough that we post an advert or two around the uni and set up a CNS booth, but trying too hard either won't get us a wider reception, in fact people will just perceive us as being really desperate. Blablabla, if you want to talk more about this, then come to a gathering or a meeting, or whenever.

And the name-change has already been proposed. It's just whether the others agree to it, that remains to be seen.

Hey, expect a similar response to your last post from the other members. They probably will feel the need to respond to the last points you've made. After that, if you want a proper discussion, come to us and do it face-to-face, it'll go smoother than attempting it here.

And let me remind you,
FREEDOM OF SPEECH DOES NOT CONSTITUTE FREEDOM FROM CONSEQUENCE

Last edited by getsu12 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:20 pm

I'm not sure if there is anybody care enough to feel emotional because of an anon/troll/whatever...but like what Getsu has mentioned, you cannot expect other people to be nice on you while at the first place you were the one who ignited the fire. I believe some of us were trying to be nice at the first place and suggested you to be a wee bit polite, but you snapped on them and dug on unrelated stuff. No wonder some of us would reply you with the similar manner, it was not because we hate you and we don't like your idea(for years that we have been surfing the net most of us knew the last thing we need to do is to pay attention to an internet troll), it was just because we thought you have seriously went overboard with your discussion, and we can't ignore you because OHH LOOK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO IGNORE THIS TOPIC AT THE FIRST PLACE YOU KNOW(but if we ignore you how did you get the "motivation" to continue replying, eh?), but because this is our club and we ought to say something to defend it(not finding excuses) as well as defending our fellow members here. This is not a random forum you find among the random realm of internet, but our club's forum!  This club and all the members here are real and we are probably very near to you in real life. Furthermore, this discussion can actually ended up being a healthy argument without inflicting any possible negative feeling to others. If you ever appreciate something you should know Kaichou and the others have been pretty nice on your already; go visit other forums and you will know not only they do not allow anonymous people to comment, but they are very strict with their rules, especially with people who start the flame. 90% of them will ended up being banned(and before that they usually been served a dish of humiliation) before they can make it as far as you did and apologize later on.

Anyway, I appreciate that you are willing to apologize for your precious actions, and I too have to apologize to you for any hard feeling and unnecessary arguments that I have inflicted/added on the matter. I was wondering...why don't you appear to us as a member instead of being an anon here? We don't expect you to come see us face to face at this instance..but at least try to appeal to us in a better way. Realistic actions, I mean. That is much more sincere and we know you are not actually fooling us around. We seriously need great help from people like you, well, of course, in a better manner hopefully. 
EDITED: Never mind...I think you have already registered as a member.

Oh and to every members of the club, best of luck to your exam!

P/S: Getsu, I KNEW you will bring out that famous quote of yours =P

Last edited by Legna on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:29 pm

Legna wrote:
P/S: Getsu, I KNEW you will bring out that famous quote of yours =P

lol it was just the right moment to use it

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by lolazue Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:53 pm

good thing there's no more 'fire' in here =p just one thing i'd like to add: i don't mind the feedbacks that anon/john gave, just that when it comes to the club funds, do NOT ever think that it's misused or unused. that's something i'm very sensitive about. for one, it is NOT misused. you can ask kaichou or the other committees on how strict i was with the claiming of the club funds. and secondly, if it seems unused to you, it is because the committees TRY to fork out money so that the club doesn't have to pay so much for the event and could save more money for a larger event (since we don't have sponsors) because of the way it is said, it makes all our contributions seem worthless. i could give you a list of what kind of things were sponsored for events, if you'd like. i'm very particular about money so i have a good memory about it =p

1. the event with maid cafe
- original ps2 games and stepmania games for the ps2 game booth contibuted by kaichou (RM160+)
- maid apron, not exactly sure of the price, but when i asked around from tailors, it's about RM70 each, that makes (RM300+ including materials), contributed by my mum and her friend who did the sewing for FREE
- cake for maid cafe. if you buy a cake from outside, it'd be RM40+ CHEAPEST, so it's (RM320+) materials sponsored by my mum, cake made by two of my mum's friends for FREE
- pizzas and chicken wings donated by aki's mum for maid cafe (RM 150++) (was it around that price or more? i forgot to ask aki that time ><)

2. Monash Music Festival
- Chocolate cake and cookies (i know it's not delicious, since it's my first time making it) ingredients sponsored by my mum; emiko, calyn and i made these for FREE (RM70+ not including labour charges)
- Lemon slices made by shunkei, only needed to pay for ingredients, so the labour fee is FREE from her as well

Well, so yea, that's why the club funds would seem unused =)
lolazue
lolazue
Senior Otaku
Senior Otaku

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kaichou~ Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:55 pm

oh you forgot the dancepad remember? half I sponsor oso, and now in the clubs locker.=p plus the games oso!

So feel free to borrow from us!

Well, I hope you guys could relax now. Because the aim of our club is not USED money unnecessarily, but save for a bigger scale event. However, we still need your support to contribute some effort yah!
~Kaichou~
~Kaichou~
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lolazue Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:42 pm

haha. games included already xD how much was the dance pad ade ar? RM60?
lolazue
lolazue
Senior Otaku
Senior Otaku

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kaichou~ Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:49 pm

yah, RM 60...huhu, there goes my pocket money.

well, seriously, the club must get more funds now.

How about selling F&B and artbook collection?
~Kaichou~
~Kaichou~
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gin Sama` Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:30 pm

hehehe, amusing thread~~
Gin Sama`
Gin Sama`
Senior Otaku
Senior Otaku

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:14 pm

post deleted

Last edited by toshiromifune on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kaichou~ Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Bravo! Good Speech, Young Lad!
This is one proof of a new member that joined our club!=)
And Thank you, toshiro.Wink
~Kaichou~
~Kaichou~
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:43 pm

feedback read and noted. thank you.

for now i shall be posting up my few suggestions for events only. it is a part of a yet to be refined feedback list. so it will not be entirely complete however as to not delay my actions any further, i shall release them now

i believe that not all events must be an event that requires setting up booths or plays. they can also consists of internal events-which i think are equally important as well.

SUGGESTION: write the best comical/suitable fill-ins for a manga. (although i'm not too sure if we will be infringing any copyright laws by doing so).
SUGGESTION: otaku test. an exam that involves answering questions based on manga and anime. the person with the most correct answer wins a prize, person with the lowest correct answer gets a penalty. these internal events can easily be done as each of the committee members can chip in say 10 questions each based on the anime, manga and games they have previously watched/read/played. obviously this will become one of the top professional level exam.
SUGGESTION: name that anime picture (it can be partial like a jig-saw or in full), without requesting outside help. only the fastest correct answer can be accepted in this case unfortunately. another variation of this game would be to announce what lines/action were displayed on the next frame if it was from an anime or manga.
SUGGESTION: answering questions based on latest manga/anime releases every fortnightly. winner with the most accurate answer for a consecutive xx weeks, wins a prize. whether or not you wish to put a small joining fee to further buff up the prize is up to you.
SUGGESTION: writing of anime, manga and/or game reviews. a complete listing of the characters (if available) and the storyline/plot, gameplay, own ratings and recommendations. a more complete version of what's currently available at the anime & manga section of the forum. there are already existing websites that provide this, but having one ourselves adds a personal touch to it.

SUGGESTION: maybe we can follow the use of what naruto have used, which is to release clues within certain time after a show have elapsed in order to obtain a prize or a bigger clue. this can work out for japanese classes or other events that occur throughout the semester.

an alternative to other prizes would be accumulative points system, where the prizes will be set by the committee members. we all are roughly in monash for a minimum/maximum of 3 years. a point system wouldn't be that bad and it indirectly encourages participation into the club and its events.

that's it for now. will continue to update it later. feedbacks much appreciated.

john
Newbie Otaku
Newbie Otaku

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kaichou~ Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:09 pm

Dear John,

Thank you for registering our club forum, your sincere feedback is much appreciated.

However, it seems that some of your suggestions have already been implemented and incorporated into our anime-zing race!! Like Suggestion2 and 3.=)

Once again, thank you for your feedbacks
~Kaichou~
~Kaichou~
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:37 pm

~Kaichou~ wrote:Dear John,

Thank you for registering our club forum, your sincere feedback is much appreciated.

However, it seems that some of your suggestions have already been implemented and incorporated into our anime-zing race!! Like Suggestion2 and 3.=)

Once again, thank you for your feedbacks

anime-zing race is probably a 1 time event for now. i was speaking in terms of having these events throughout the semester. another thing, questions or riddles posted in anime-zing race shouldn't be too difficult as it hinders the contestants in finding the answer. if you were to refer to the actual game amazing race on tv, you would find that they do not post very specific ended questions or even ask questions based on a particular field, but more towards general knowledge information or completing tasks that heavily requires energy exertion and sometimes bravery.

john
Newbie Otaku
Newbie Otaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:54 pm

Ah, I'm quite fond of the anime/manga/game review idea *is more like an anime/manga-complainer myself sometimes lol* Like what I mentioned before somewheeeeeeeeere in this forum, many animes do have some plot and theme weakness that should be pointed out, but first of all...how this anime/manga review thing would be like?  All of us can provide our own personal opinion or somebody need to be the collector of the info and tidy them out(so it would be more well-rounded and not biased?) I hope it is not exactly a stupid question......

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kaichou~ Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:07 am

Actually, why not you guys post it up, instead of mere suggestion? So, people can actually post their review. We had an review section, where most of you neglected it?

John, I think your suggestion is great, but we need some review team so that they can post, not only of us are very free to download the anime. Some may err...buy DVD instead(support original?)? but still idea is idea. We will try to work them out, and see whether it is feasible or attractive.
~Kaichou~
~Kaichou~
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gin Sama` Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:16 pm

i actually suggested the anime review sessions at the beginning of this year, apparently it got ignored... made the suggestion during the msn gathering or something and mentioned this but everybody else diverted the topic to some random bs
Gin Sama`
Gin Sama`
Senior Otaku
Senior Otaku

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by laughhe Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:59 pm

yea... anime review has been suggested from time to time but we are lacking follow-up from that suggestion
laughhe
laughhe
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 920
Registration date : 2008-07-30

http://ramdeli.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:58 pm

Maybe you guys can choose a few animes/manga/game to start with(for one semester) instead of trying to do all of them at a time. As the club grows older, the number of reviews will increase and also giving the future member(some jobs to do so they can at least do something while they are running out of ideas lol) some responsibility to complete the list. And it is easier for us to work on them because we have some fixed targets of reviewed objects.

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kaichou~ Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:00 am

I have started to write about Bleach Review, I hope they will response as soon as possible.

Hmmm....what review should I post next after my exams?
~Kaichou~
~Kaichou~
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:34 am

i'll post up a standardized format(?) in a few days time, perhaps others might follow it. hope to get feedback from all of you then.

john
Newbie Otaku
Newbie Otaku

Back to top Go down

Post by xunli Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:12 am

I have to agreed with John this time, the bleach review is bad.

Some members said all the anime, why you must choose bleach.
xunli
xunli
Order of Black Knight
Order of Black Knight

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2008-07-31

http://xunlisanctuary.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:18 pm

Eh, instead of saying it is terrible, why don't you guys describe on how Kaichou can improve his review? Such as adding more information of his opinion on different subject,  such as the overall story,  the interesting part of the plots(how they deal with suspense, stuff), overall theme to the audience and whether it is actually sending a right message to the society. I know you guys will elaborate on that later on in different thread, but I just want to remind you I'm slightly sensitive with people saying something is terrible without suggesting some possible improvements that can be made. I find that rude.

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kaichou~ Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:33 pm

Goodness, my review is bad? Can you expect I'm actually writing this during exam period? lol..and I thought, why no replies?

Well, I just wrote it because I watched Bleach the most compared to other animes.
And complete review of Bleach is not easy compared to short animes...thats why I give my SHORT review on it...

Oh well, maybe it is a bad choice then......
~Kaichou~
~Kaichou~
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:00 am

alright since you asked, i'll just give a short feedback on it.

1) ambiguous information: kidou? zampaktou? shikai? what are these?
i've even tried getting the english meaning to these japanese (romaji) words and found:

'kidou' not found.

'zampaktou' not found.

shikai
Dead Sea, as lifeless as cold ashes (n), chairmanship (n,vs), city council (n), dentist (n), field of vision (n), the seven seas, the whole world (n), this field or subject (n)

unfortunately none of these matches to what he was trying to explain in his sentence. reviews are meant to educate new people to the anime. for those new to the anime, it should at least provide some sort of brief description in regards to what the anime is about, what genre does it belong to, etc. (more in a few days time)

2) spoilers: for those who follow any manga or anime, they are usually provided more and more information about the story as it progresses. unfortunately some of these information CAN spoil the experience of watching/reading these anime/manga. i know we aren't godly writers here, but we should at least give some thought on the information we include in reviews.

3) jumpy body content: from introduction to opinions, then back to information, then more opinions, and then information. then there was talk about the movie. which makes it a very brief anime and movie review in one post. again i know we aren't godly writers, but there should be some sort of flow, don't you think so?

i will post up a more standardised format soon that should address these sort of questions, please be patient. i would very much like everyone's thoughts on it once it's completed to fix out the fine details. thank you. :-)

p.s. the review done by Usagi Yojimbo was more or less what i had in mind when i suggested a review thread.

john
Newbie Otaku
Newbie Otaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next